Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Teacher Week: Why Organization





This is by far the best day of linking up for me because I am obsessed with organizing.  Not to say I don't get messy and lazy, but I truly and honestly enjoy organizing stuff and all those bins, totes, baskets, containers that are available....just try to get me out of the store without a new one (or ten) for my classroom.   
In fact, I walked in with this today: 


My organization moto is that everything has a place, easily accessible and cute to boot. 
I don't have a lot of time with my students each day and I can't waste those precious minutes on transitions and getting materials. 







As for teacher materials, I like to keep a binder for each group of students I see with all their assessment,  progress monitoring, and Goal Setting materials out where I can grab and go.   


And I have a space behind my desk for the files of materials I use weekly.  Otherwise I keep it cataloged in cabinets for the next time they are needed. 


Aside from that, there is one thing alone that I can honestly say is the staple in keeping me organized.  It's not nearly as fun as bright and colorful containers but I would be completely lost without it.   

My iCloud Calendars.  

Without those colorful little dots telling me what I have to do each day and reminding me prior to each obligation, deadlines would be missed, meetings would go unattended, and there's a good chance I'd never be in the right place at the right time.  I definitely live by that that calendar. 





No comments:

Post a Comment